[Important Update] Google Chrome version 21 had change the way how we can install user script. Now it only allow user script to be install in the Extensions page and not any page opened. For the latest tutorial on how to install / uninstall user script in Google Chrome visit here.
I decided to write a simple guide on how to install and uninstall user script on Google Chrome after many users keep on asking the same question. Sorry for not updating my blog for so long, I will try to free as much time as possible to keep my blog alive in this new coming year!
How to install user script on Google Chrome:
Step 1: Download the user script you want from website such as http://userscripts.org
- If you want to download script from userscripts.org, right-click on the Install button and select Save link as…
- Save to some places that easy to remember such as Desktop as you will need it very soon.
Step 2: Find the script you just download. Right-click on it and select Edit.
- Notepad will be open and it will allow user to edit the script before use it.
- Skip Step 2 if you do not wish to edit the script or you do not know how to edit the script.
- Save and close notepad after finish editing.
Step 3: Open your Google Chrome and start a New Tab. Drag the script you download just now and drop to Google Chrome.
Step 4: Confirm the install of the user script by clicking on Continue at the botton of Google Chrome.
Step 5: Click on Install when a pop up ask you whatever you want to install the script or not.
Step 6: Done! The script will be install after you click on install. Refresh the page you want to apply the script to get immediate effect apply.
- You can always check your installed script from Menu > Tools > Extensions.
- If you want to edit the script to suit your personal preference, just repeat the Step 1 until Step 6 again (remember to read Step 2 in detail!).
How to uninstall user script on Google Chrome:
Step 1: Go to Menu > Tools > Extensions.
Step 2: Find the script you want to uninstall and click Uninstall.
Step 3: Confirm by click on Uninstall on the pop up dialog.
Step 4: Done!
Hope this post can help to save some trouble facing by the new users.